5 Amazing Facts About Arsenal’s Lucas Torreira
Arsenal signed Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria after a summer of transfer speculations. All eyes were on Lucas Torreira at this summer’s World Cup. He caught everyone’s eyes with his stellar defensive display for Uruguay.
No wonder Arsenal coach, Unai Emery did not hesitate when he signed the midfielder for a fee believed to be about 26.4 million pounds. Today we will look at some amazing facts about Lucas Torreira.
Amazing Facts About Arsenal’s Lucas Torreira
1. Lucas Torreira began his youth football career at his hometown club I.A. 18 de Julio of Fray Bentos. He joined top Uruguayan club Montevideo Wanderers in 2013. He later moved to Italy where he joined Pescara’s youth team.
2. In 2015, Lucas Torreira moved to Sampdoria but was loaned back to Pescara. He, however, returned to Sampdoria in 2016 and became a regular at the club. He played important matches and scored crucial goals for the club.
3. He was named in the Uruguay 2018 World Cup squad by coach Oscar Tabarez. Torreira entered the fray as a substitute in the second group match against Saudi Arabia and kept his place since then.
ALSO FIND OUT:- What To Expect From Denis Suarez at Arsenal
4. Torreira was among Uruguay’s top performers at the World Cup in 2018. His dogged, disciplined performance at the base of midfield demonstrated his superb defensive qualities with four blocked shots, four clearances and two interceptions. He was also excellent moving forward and joining the attack.
5. Lucas Torreira’s style of play has been described as a no-nonsense midfielder who functions as the deep-lying pivot in the middle of the park, and brilliant at breaking up play. Arsenal’s manager even described him as a bright talent with lots of experience.
Do you think Lucas Torreira will be a hit at Arsenal? Let us know in the comment box, you can also share to your friends on social media.