Unlike what many expected at the beginning of thr NPFL season, Plateau State ended up winning the Nigerian Professional Football League in 2017. Becoming the second team from Jos to win the prestigious trophy after Mighty Jets in 1972.
After just they were just promoted in the 2015/2016, they ended up producing strings of impressive display both home and away to clinch the title.
Plateau United FC also return to African continental football for 1st time since they featured in the 2000 CAF Cup Winners Cup.
Here are some of the amazing statistics behind Plateau United’s 2017 NPFL campaign:
1. Out of 38 matches this season, Plateau united won 19, drew 9 and lost 10.
2. They were unbeaten at home winning 17 of they home matches, drawing the remaining 2. They were equally good away from home, winning 2 and drawing 7 away.
3. Their biggest home win this season was a 5-1 demolition of Gombe United at home. And their biggest away win was a 1-2 away win against Remo stars
4. Plateau United scored a total 49 goals this season, at least three more than any other team in the NPFL this season. Averaging 1.29 goals per match more than any other team.
5. Plateau United conceded 25 goals, the fewest goals compared to any NPFL team. They also kept 17 clean sheets, the most this season, joint with MFM FC
6. Plateau United conceded only 6 goals at home. Keeping 13 clean sheets at home.
7. Plateau United accrued 13 points away. The most away points compared to any NPFL side this season.
8. Kabiru Umar scored 6 goals for Plateau Utd this season the most by a Plateau player.
Please comment and don’t forget to share this information!