The Dutch newspaper, De Telegraaf have reported that La Liga Champions, Barcelona are interested in the signing 18-year-old Dutch midfielder, Ludovit Reid from FC Groningen.
It was also confirmed by the executive director at Groningen, Hans Nijland, who spoke about the Catalan club’s interest in the 18-year-old defensive midfielder.
Ludovit Reis has played 27 matches in the Eredivisie this season for his club, and his performances have caught the eye of Barcelona’s scouts. The director of professional youth football at Barcelona, Jose Mari Bakero, visited the Netherlands to sign an agreement on the midfielder.
Who is Ludovit Reis? Let’s find out more about him.
1. Ludovit Reis was born on the 1st of June 2000 in Haarlem, Netherlands. He began his youth career at local club SV Hoofddorp in the Netherlands in 2015.
2. He is eligible to play for both Netherlands and Slovakian, as he was born in the Netherlands while his parents are Slovakians.
3. Reis moved to Jong FC Groningen ( FC Groningen youth team) in 2017 and moved to the first team, FC Groningen in the same year.
4. Although Ludovit is eligible to play for both the Netherlands and Slovakia, he wants to play for the Netherlands. He is already a regular at the Dutch Under 19s.
5. For his club this season, he has been in top form. Ludovit Reis has made over 27 appearances, scored once and assisted twice from his defensive midfield position.
6. His dream club to play for is Liverpool.
7. Reis has been likened to Barcelona midfielder and legend, Sergio Busquets. Many Barça fans are already referring to him as the next Sergio Busquets, and they could be right.
Reis has averaged 74.8% pass success percentage. He also averages 3.5 tackles and 2.3 interceptions per game. If you compare those statistics with that of Busquets (averages 2.6 tackles, and 1.4 interceptions per game), you will see that he is of high quality.
Ludovit Reis has been informed about the chances of a transfer. If he joins Barcelona, it would see him first join Barcelona B and then hopefully break into the first team in the future.