Top 40 Soccer Quotes Of All Time
Throughout its history, soccer has produced many great characters; and some of the most memorable quotes ever have come from their mouths.
Due to the perseverance, willpower, diligence, and hard work football requires from individual players and entire teams; motivation is necessary to get themselves ready for every match/tournament.
From pre-match and half-time pep talks to post-match speeches, powerful talks from managers and team leaders are important when chasing victory.
Furthermore, due to the high level of intelligence required to succeed at the highest level, football personalities are mostly intellectually sound.
From funny, bizarre, inspirational, motivational, and brilliant quotes, TOP SOCCER BLOG brings you a collection of the best soccer quotes of all time.
1. “When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success” ― Diego Maradona.
2. “The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning” — Pele.
3. “Everything is practice” — Pele.
4. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do” — Pele.
5. “Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don’t like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that!!” — Bill Shankly.
6. “Aim for the sky, and you’ll hit the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling, and you’ll stay on the floor” — Bill Shankly.
7. “I’ve never played for a draw in my life” — Alex Ferguson.
8. “That lad must have been born offside!!!” — Alex Ferguson (on Filippo Inzaghi).
9. “Scoring a goal is a great feeling, but the most important thing to me is that the team is successful” — Cristiano Ronaldo.
10. “It is my conviction that there are no limits to learning, and that it can never stop, no matter what our age” — Cristiano Ronaldo.
11. “Your love makes me strong; your hate makes me unstoppable!” — Cristiano Ronaldo.
12. “If you do not believe you can do it, then you have no chance at all” — Arsene Wenger.
13. “Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere” —Arsene Wenger.
14. “In football, the worst things are excuses. Excuses mean you cannot grow or move forward” — Pep Guardiola.
15. “Every disadvantage has got its advantage” — Johan Cruyff.
16. “Soccer is simple, but it is difficult to play simple” — Johan Cruyff.
17. “Before you can coach others, you must learn to coach yourself” — Johan Cruyff.
18. “You have to fight to reach your dream. You have to sacrifice and work hard for it” — Lionel Messi.
19. “I always want more. Whether it’s a goal or winning a game, I’m never satisfied” — Lionel Messi.
20. “If I had to make a tackle, I have already made a mistake” — Paolo Maldini.
21. “There is no pressure when you are making a dream come true” — Neymar.
22. “Some people tell me that professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence!” — Bobby Charlton.
23. “I once cried because I had no shoes to play football with my friends, but one day I saw a man with no feet, and I realized how rich I am” — Zinedine Zidane.
24. Football is a simple game. 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes, and at the end, the Germans always win!” — Gary Lineker.
25. “Playing football with your feet is one thing, but playing football with your heart is another” — Francesco Totti.
26. “I always want to become better. If never being satisfied is a problem, then I have it!” — Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
27. “First, I went left; he did too. Then I went right, and he did too. Then I went left again, and he went to buy a hot dog!!” — Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
28. “Please don’t call me arrogant, but I’m European champion, and I think I’m a special one!” — Jose Mourinho.
29. “Look, I’m a coach. I’m not Harry Potter. He is magical, but in reality, there is no magic. Magic is fiction, and football is real” — Jose Mourinho.
30. “A man with new ideas is a madman until his ideas triumph” ― Marcelo Bielsa.
31. “We must always set the bar high; otherwise, we do not progress” — Kylian Mbappe.
32. “Anyone who sacrifices his dreams to reality is forever beaten” — Thomas Muller.
33. “When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think the sardines will be thrown into the sea” — Eric Cantona.
34. “Will I become a coach in the future? No way, I’d never be able to put up with someone like me” — Romario.
35. “Play for the name on the front of the shirt, and they will remember the name on the back” — Tony Adams.
36. “Keep working even when no one is watching” — Alex Morgan.
37. “Whatever brings you down will eventually make you stronger” — Alex Morgan.
38. “I worked on my weaknesses and made them my strengths” — Sydney Leroux.
39. “I don’t believe skill was, or ever will be, the result of coaches. It is a result of a love affair between the child and the ball” — Roy Keane.
40. “Take the risk, or lose the chance” — Eden Hazard.
YOU SHOULD ALSO FIND OUT:
- Top 10 Best Bicycle Kicks In Football History
- Top 10 Best-Ever Dribblers In Football History
- Top 10 Greatest Hat-Tricks In Football History
- Top 10 Best Goals In Football History
- Top 10 Highest Jumps In Football History
- Top 10 Footballers With The Most Assists In Football History
- 20 Of The Best Soccer Jerseys Of All Time