Luca Zidane, son of Real Madrid coach and French legend Zinedine Zidane , made his third appearance for Real Madrid last weekend in Madrid’s labored 3-2 win over bottom club Huesca. The 20-year-old goalkeeper is regarded as a top youth prospect for Real Madrid. Luca also possesses quick reflexes and great agility.
Here are seven things know fact, Luca Zidane.
7 Amazing Things To Know About Luca Zidane
1. Luca Zidane was born in the French City of Marseille. He is the second of four brothers, and all of them – Enzo, Theo, and Elyaz – who were all part the Real Madrid youth setup.
2. Luca Zidane is of Spanish and French–Algerian descent. His Spanish descent is from his mother, Veronique Fernández and his French-Algerian descent is through his father.
3. Luca became part of the Real Madrid youth academy at the age of six, back in 2004 and has played as a goalkeeper. From the academy, he went on to play for the Castilla. His father Zinedine Zidane was the youth team manager at Real Madrid during that time and became Luca’s manager early in his career.
4. Luca made his debut for Real Madrid in a La Liga match with Villarreal CF on 19 May 2018. That was the last game of the season. He was the third-choice goalkeeper, in the 2017/2018 UEFA Champions League when Madrid won their third straight Champions League title.
5. Luca Zidane has chosen to represent France as a youth international. He is still eligible to play for Spain and Algeria in the future.
6. He represented the France U17s in their winning campaign at the 2015 UEFA European Under-17 Championship, and the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup
7. Luca admires Manuel Neuer a lot as a goalkeeper. He also likened himself to former French goalkeeper, Fabien Barthez.
Luca Zidane has been the first choice goalkeeper for the Real Madrid Castilla for a while, and h3 has been impressive. He stands at 6 feet tall and is hoping to break into the Real Madrid first team.