5 Quick Facts About FC Barcelona’s Latest Signing Malcom
The Catalan giants make yet another huge signing recently. On 24 July, this year, the prestigious Spanish club, Barcelona, announced the signing of Brazilian forward Malcom on a five-year contract. The transfer fee was reported to be interesting region of € 41 million plus an additional €1 million in addon bonuses.
The transfer came as a big surprise to many, because he was previously linked and very close to joining A.S. Roma, with fans even waiting for him to arrive at the airport. However, FC Barcelona hijacked the deal at the last minute. Today we look at 5 facts and things to know about FC Barcelona latest signing, Malcom.
5 Things To Know About FC Barcelona’s Malcom
1. His full name is Malcom Filipe Silva de Oliveira, and he is 21 years of age. Malcom began his youth football career in 2008 with Corinthians in the Brazilian league. He became a first team regular in 2015.
2. He moved to Bordeaux in 2016 and spent three seasons there. He managed 96 appearances across all competitions and scored 23 goals. Last season, he found the net 12 times and provided seven assists for his team.
3. Malcom was among the Brazilian Under 20 team that came second in 2015.
4. Malcom has the ability to score long-range goals. The winger can cut in from the right and shoot with his left foot. This has seen him score a number of spectacular goals for Bordeaux from long range.
5. Malcom’s playing style has been likened to that of fellow Brazilian star Neymar Jnr. He 21-year-old’s close control and quick feet allow him to dribble oncoming defenders in order to get a shot away. His powerful striking of the ball means it is tough for goalkeepers to react to his vicious shooting from outside the area.
Malcom will probably be competing for a role in the right wing along with Lionel Messi. Do you think Malcom will eventually prove to be a great signing for FC Barcelona? Let us know.